A guide to the new WSSU News
Now you can easily stay up to date on the latest news and features about Winston-Salem State University through WSSU News.
WSSU News, which was unveiled as part of a full web revamp on June 1, creates one go-to place for official news, announcements and features from WSSU.
“WSSU News, for the first time, brings all WSSU news content – from news articles to photos, graphics and videos, all in one place,” said Jay Davis, director of communications and media relations at WSSU. “The site also is mobile friendly. So, you can catch up on WSSU news from whatever device you choose.”
Don’t miss these eight new features:
- WSSU News homepage: New hub page includes news and events feeds, and also feature articles across the top.
- Tagging: You’ll see news articles on key pages across the newly revamped website. We’ve added dozens of tags.
- Categories: Think of the news categories as sections in your newspaper. They’ll help you view related articles.
- Larger images: Photos and videos are displayed in a new wider format.
- Social media integration: Social media is part of WSSU News, with a Twitter feed and buttons that allow visitors to share articles on your social media channels.
- For the media: There’s a new hub for media interested in covering WSSU.
- Archway Magazine: Read current and previous issues of WSSU’s magazine.
- Faculty/staff news: Look for a revamped RamPages, the faculty and staff news blog. This replaces the separate WordPress blog. Faculty and staff news and events also are displayed on the new faculty/staff hub page.
To submit a news tip or story idea, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.