Legal Training Resources
The slides below accompanied presentations given by the Office of Legal Affairs staff. These slides are to serve as a refresher for those in attendance and are not exhaustive of all of the information presented.
- SHRA Grievance Committee Training - Aug 2016
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974
- Federal Requirements for Public School and College Student Data - Aug 2016
- FERPA Handout
- Federal Requirements for Security of College Student Data - Jan 2017
- FERPA College Student Data Scenarios - Jan 2017
- FERPA College Student Data Scenarios with Answers - Jan 2017
- FERPA & Athletics - Feb 2017
Disclaimer: Please note that the materials contained herein are provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Consult with a licensed attorney for legal advice concerning specific legal issues.