The mission of Winston-Salem State University Police & Public Safety is to support the University’s mission of liberal education for holistic student development by fostering a safe, secure, and service-oriented environment for all students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors.
- Integrity – We are committed to ethical standards that foster public trust.
- Respect – We honor the rights of all people, and treat everyone with dignity, and understanding.
- Professionalism – We provide quality service to our campus community through well trained, disciplined and motivated staff.
- Service – We realize we are here to meet the safety needs of the campus in a courteous, timely manner.
- Teamwork – We value and support the role of each division and staff member within the department equally.
- Collaboration – We engage in the exchange of information and ideas across university departments in order to achieve shared goals and objectives.
Goal: Providing Professional Public Safety Services
Objectives 2016 - 2017
- Administration – Personnel and administrative support is provided, police records and Clery compliance documentation are reviewed, CALEA accreditation is maintained, and budgetary processes are sustained, all to ensure efficient and effective service to the campus community.
- Patrol – On a continual basis, criminal activity is minimized while safety and protection of people and property is maximized campus wide.
- Communications – Current communications staffing and technological capabilities are maintained and enhanced to support operational effectiveness.
- Parking/Shuttle – Adequate parking environments are created and parking and transportation logistics policies are developed, all to support pedestrian and vehicular movement and safety on campus.
- Proper Security – Adequate security and visibility inside and outside of residence halls is provided in coordination with Patrol and Housing Staff.
- Emergency Management – Emergency preparedness plans, systems/tools, and training are reviewed, improved, and applied campus wide to reflect current applicable standards and best practices.