Banner 9 at Winston-Salem State University
The Office of Information Technology has begun plans to upgrade our University enterprise resource planning (ERP) system from Banner 8 to Banner 9, also referred to as Banner XE. This multiyear project will entail multiple phases to migrate both Internet Native Banner (INB) and Self-Service (Banner Rams Online). Additional details regarding the Banner 8 transition, Banner 9 deployment, and student/faculty/staff engagement will soon be announced and coordinated with respective Banner users and groups. Stay tuned WSSU, Banner 9 is on the way!
What’s new in Banner® 9
Banner® 9 by Ellucian is no ordinary upgrade. It delivers a fresh user experience, all-new tools and significantly improved capabilities across Banner, driving new efficiencies so you can focus on student success.
A fresh look and feel
In Banner 9, Ellucian has combined a new user interface with improved accessibility for users of all abilities. Ellucian has also updated their entire suite of Banner Administrative applications—including Banner® Human Resources, Banner® Finance, Banner® Student, Banner® Accounts Receivable, Banner® Financial Aid, Banner® Student Aid, and Banner® Advancement—with a consumer-web feel.
Occasional users will enjoy a shorter learning curve, while power users will gain enhanced usability and navigation without losing their familiar business rules and shortcuts.
New and improved Banner 9
Administrative applications (formerly known as Banner INB)
- Offer new administrative pages and reports
- Provide a consistent look and feel across Banner
- Deliver enhanced navigation for a seamless experience
- Offer accessible technology
- Eliminate Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports
- Eliminate the need for a Java applet in the end user’s browser
- End dependency on Internet Explorer and allow for full browser support (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, MS Edge)