Laptops and other available devices can be checked out for a period of (5) business days for University projects or business. This service is available to students and full time faculty and staff.
To request a device and to see what is available, please submit a RAMTech ticket by clicking the "Online Form" box to the left.
Checkout and return is between the hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Program Loaning Guidelines
- A technician will schedule a pickup window after the RAMTech ticket is processed.
- All equipment must be reserved using the appropriate form online.
You will be required to show your RAMCard at your scheduled pick-up.
- Equipment will be available for checkout for a maximum period of 5 business days to WSSU students, faculty and staff members in good standing with the university.
- Equipment that is not returned within 24 hours of the agreed upon return date will be considered stolen and the WSSU Campus Police Department will be notified. Overdue loans will be submitted to campus police for retrieval. Equipment that is returned late will be assessed $5 per day for every day it is late.
Program Use Guidelines
- Never leave the laptop unattended while it is checked out to you.
- All returned laptops will be wiped and reimaged. Save all of your files to OneDrive before checking the device in. WSSU OIT is not responsible for recovering any files on any device loaned out.
- Personal and non-University issues software will not be loaded on the computer
Violation of the guidelines above will constitute grounds for refusal of future service and/or disciplinary action.
Financial ResponsibilityBorrowers are financially responsible for the full replacement cost of all laptop loaner devices and peripherals checked out if lost, damaged, or stolen. Borrowers are also responsible for the full cost of repairs, if repairs are necessary due to damage, including damage caused by spillage from food or beverage.
Any costs, or fees that are accrued due to usage, or negligence under this agreement must be paid immediately. A hold will be placed on the borrower’s account until the balance is paid.
If the WSSU Campus Police Department has been notified, then a hold and a fee will be placed on your student account or employee account. Individual cases may be referred to Student Affairs, or Human Resources as appropriate for additional actions.
If an item has been stolen, or if the equipment assigned to you is missing, please call campus police at (336) 750-2900 and the help desk at (336) 750-3431.