The educator preparation programs of Winston-Salem State University are accredited at the initial preparation level through Fall 2029 by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
CAEP promotes excellence in educator preparation through content and pedagogy, clinical partnerships and practice, candidate recruitment, progression and support, program impact, and quality assurance and continuous improvement.
Programs included in the Fall 2022 accreditation decision are listed below.
- B.S., Birth through Kindergarten Education, Teacher Licensure concentration
- B.S., Elementary Education
- B.S., Teaching with concentrations in Middle Grades Education English/Language Arts, Middle Grades Education Mathematics, Middle Grades Education Science, Middle Grades Education Social Studies, Secondary English Education, Secondary Mathematics Education, and Special Education
- B.S., Physical Education, Health and Physical Education Teacher concentration
- B.S., Music, Music Education Licensure concentration
- M.A., Teaching with concentrations in Birth through Kindergarten Education, Elementary Education, Health and Physical Education, Middle Grades Education English/Language Arts, Middle Grades Education Mathematics, Middle Grades Education Science, and Special Education.
The Educator Preparation programs are approved by the North Carolina State Board of Education.