Curriculum Materials Center
The Curriculum Materials Center (CMC) is the resource center affiliated with the Teacher Education Program at Winston-Salem State University. The CMC houses the children’s literature collection, state adopted textbooks and related materials for grades K-12. It primarily supports the faculty and students that are enrolled as teacher education majors. However, all students and faculty of Winston-Salem State University are encouraged and eligible to use the facility.
The mission of the Curriculum Materials Center is to provide instructional materials, equipment, and resources that support students, faculty and staff of the School of Education and Human Performance.
The CMC provides the following materials and services to support the teacher education program.
Materials in the CMC
- N. C. State adopted textbooks grades K-12
- Curriculum handbooks and guides grades K-12
- Manipulatives, kits, games and flashcards
- Common Core State Standards
- Paper cutters
- Poster printer
- Cricut (with alphabet cartridges)
- Children’s and young adult literature (fiction, non-fiction, picture books, board books, biographies, eBooks, and electronic databases.
Services Provided by CMC
- Reference assistance to WSSU students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide computers for research, library catalog, databases, and Internet for School of Education Human Performance majors (SEHP).
- Maintain two computer labs (1) Windows and (1) Mac and scheduling for classes, testing, meetings, and workshops.
- Training and support of electronic databases and eBooks: Sylvan Dell and Follett Shelf
General Information & Check Out Procedures
- Must have an active up-to-date RAM Card.
- All materials are checked out, returned, or renewed at the CMC circulation desk.
- Check out and renewal of materials is prohibited if patrons owe $25 or more in replacement charges and/or processing costs.
- Books from the general collection and new collection may be borrowed for three weeks.
- State Adopted Textbooks may be borrowed for one week.
- Educational DVD’s, Kits, and VHS Tapes – For Faculty check out only.
- Reference Books - must be used in the library.
** BORROWERS ARE FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL MATERIALS CHECKED OUT ON THEIR RAM CARDS