Thank you for your interest in the physical therapy program offered by Winston-Salem State University. We are pleased that you are considering our program for your professional training. Required application documentation including prerequisite courses is displayed on the WSSU Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service page. Instructions for submission of your application are also posted on this site. Please visit the PTCAS site for all information.
A seat fee is required once you have been accepted into the program.
Before the January 15,
- Required information via PTCAS application**
- Required $50 WSSU Supplemental Application Fee
Instructions for the WSSU Supplemental Application Fee: Make your check, certified check or money order payable to WSSU Admissions/Physical Therapy. Please include your PTCAS ID on the memo line of your method of payment.
**Changes due to COVID 19 and applicable for the 2020-2021 application cycle:
1. Observation Hours: While we do encourage observation hours from a variety of clinical settings, we recognize the challenge this may pose to many applicants due to COVID 19. Please report all observation hours and settings as completed, however, we will accept applications with no observation hours.
2. Letters of Recommendation: While we encourage receipt of a letter of recommendation from a Physical Therapist, we recognize the difficulty this may present for many because of the current pandemic. If you are unable to receive an endorsement from a Physical Therapist, we will accept a second letter of recommendation from another professor within or outside of your major.
Where to Submit
Office of Graduate Admissions
Winston-Salem State University
Anderson Center - Suite 137
601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
All supporting documents from PTCAS will be transferred to WSSU. A personal interview may be required for all competitive applicants.
Open House Information
**Attention** We have established Fall Open House Dates for the 2020-2021 cycle. We've made adjustments and moved to a virtual format. Please refer to the links below for more information and to register for the specific virtual Open House session you are interested in.
- Friday, September 11, 2020 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Friday, October 2, 2020 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Friday, November 6, 2020 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Friday, January 8, 2021 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Open House sessions are held in the Fall/Winter to provide prospective students the opportunity to: visit with current faculty/students, learn more about the program requirements and curriculum, and participate in an informal Q&A session regarding the Doctor of Physical Therapy program. Please refer to the Departmental Calendar on the left for the dates, times and locations for future Open House sessions. If you are interested in attending, please click the link in the event's description to register! You may also find more information in the Events listed on the WSSU DPT Facebook page.