Thank you for your interest in the physical therapy program offered by Winston-Salem State University. We are pleased that you are considering our program for your professional training. Required application documentation including prerequisite courses is displayed on the WSSU Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service page. Instructions for submission of your application are also posted on this site. Please visit the PTCAS site for all information.
A seat fee is required once you have been accepted into the program.
Before the January 17,
- Required information via PTCAS application*
- Required $50 WSSU Supplemental Application Fee
- Make your check, certified check or money order payable to WSSU Admissions/Physical Therapy. Please include your PTCAS ID on the memo line of your method of payment.
*Changes due to COVID-19 and applicable for the 2021-2022 application cycle:
- Observation Hours: While we do encourage observation hours from a variety of clinical settings, we recognize the challenge this may pose to many applicants due to COVID-19. Please report all observation hours and settings as completed, however, we will accept applications with no observation hours.
- Letters of Recommendation: While we encourage receipt of a letter of recommendation from a Physical Therapist, we recognize the difficulty this may present for many because of the pandemic. If you are unable to receive an endorsement from a Physical Therapist, we will accept a second letter of recommendation from another professor within or outside of your major.
Where to Submit
Office of Graduate Admissions
Winston-Salem State University
Anderson Center - Suite 137
601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
All supporting documents from PTCAS will be transferred to WSSU. A personal interview may be required for all competitive applicants.
Open House Information
Open House information sessions are held in the Fall/Winter to provide prospective students the opportunity to: visit with current faculty/students, learn more about the program requirements and curriculum, and participate in an informal Q&A session regarding the Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
**We have established new Open House dates for the 2021-2022 cycle!**
Please refer to the links below for more information and to register for the specific Open House session you are interested in attending. On the event page, be sure to click the "Register" link to reserve your seat! You may also find more information in the Events listed on the WSSU DPT Facebook page.
- Friday, September 10, 2021 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Friday, October 1, 2021 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Friday, November 5, 2021 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Friday, January 7, 2022 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- **Important Visitor Information**
To help keep our campus community safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we ask all visitors to:
- Keep at least 6 ft. of distance from all faculty, staff, and students
- Please do not report to campus if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Flu-like symptoms such as Coughing, Sore Throat, Fatigue
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Have been in contact with a person with confirmed case of coronavirus
- Wear a mask! **Face coverings are required for this event**