Keeping You Safe and Healthy—Visit the Road Map to Fall 2020 Webpage
The health and safety of our campus community is WSSU’s number one priority. Please visit the WSSU Road Map to Fall 2020 webpage for detailed and consistently-updated information about the measures the university is taking to keep you safe.
The Road Map to Fall 2020 website addresses:
- Academic calendar
- Face covering requirements
- Community health standards
- Common area safety measures
- Restroom cleaning and sanitization
- Classroom changes
- Move-in changes
- Residence hall sanitation
- Office cleaning measures
- Dining services safety measures
- Bookstore safety measures
- Response plan for positive cases
- Quarantine and isolation facilities
- Housing and dining refunds FAQs
Campus Police and Public Safety
The Winston-Salem State University Police and Public Safety works closely with the entire WSSU community to create a safe and secure campus for all. We forge strong relationships with students, faculty, and staff which empowers us to build trust and improve our level of service. Our community policing efforts engage campus constituents in authentic ways that engender mutual trust and respect.
WSSU Campus Police and Public Safety forge strong relationships with students, faculty, and staff. We engage people across campus in authentic ways that create mutual trust and respect.
Look for some of these events throughout the year:
- Trust Talks—Find out how students, faculty, and staff can work together with WSSU Campus Police to create a more secure campus environment. We’ll share an overview of how we work, give you some safety tips, and talk about what to do in an emergency situation.
- WSSU Safety Day—Join us in every September for WSSU Safety Day which coincides with National Preparedness Month. WSSU Safety Day includes booths staffed by area emergency services agencies, public and mental health organizations, disability service agencies, domestic violence prevention, the WSSU RAMS Mobile Clinic. Campus Police and Public safety officers will be there as well as representatives from WSSU Emergency Management.
- Coffee with a Cop—Meet up with us in a casual on-campus atmosphere to chat, ask questions, or get to know us better. We love engaging with our campus constituents and finding out more about you and your concerns.
- Ice Cream with a Cop—Find us on the Thompson Breezeway during special events and Campus Safety Day and enjoy some ice cream with us.
- Self Defense Classes—Get some training from the pros! We offer a Common Sense Self Defense class and Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.)trainings.
- Halloween Trunk or Treat—Look for us around October 31. We may be handing out candy at a campus location near you!
- Ramdition Events—We like to get to know students as soon as they arrive on campus, so we hold events during the Ramdition orientation week.
- Residence Hall Talks—WSSU Campus Police want to reach our students where they live. We will sometimes come to residence halls to do presentations and trust talks.