Student Support Services
Student Support Services, known as Team B.O.S.S (Building Outstanding Student Success) at WSSU, is a federally funded TRiO program aimed to boost the academic performance of students who are first-generation college students, from modest income backgrounds, and/or have a registered disability. This program exists to aid eligible students in achieving their academic goal of obtaining a baccalaureate degree.
B.O.S.S. Services Include:
- Grant Aid Awards
- Individualized and small-group tutoring
- Personalized academic counseling, advising and goal-setting
Graduate studies information and GRE/GMAT/LSAT prep workshops
- Financial aid and personal finance literacy
- Career exploration and career coaching
- Financial Aid and personal finance information
- Cultural activities and graduate school tours
Participants in the B.O.S.S. program have access to:
- A computer lab
- One on One Coaching
- Cultural Events
- Free Printing
Want to join Team B.O.S.S?
Each year we accept students to become Team B.O.S.S. members. Interested students must apply to the program using the link to the left or by visiting the Student Support Services office. Applicants must receive a confirmation of acceptance before taking advantage of services in B.O.S.S.
Who Qualifies for Team B.O.S.S.?
- Students whose financial status is considered low income according to federal qualifying income levels.
- First-generation college students, meaning neither parent holds a four-year degree
- Students who have a documented physical or learning disability and are registered with WSSU’s Office of Disability Services.