Student Support Services
Student Support Services, known at Winston-Salem State University as Team B.O.S.S. (Building Outstanding Student Success), is a federally funded TRiO program aimed at boosting the academic performance of those students who are first-generation college students, come from modest income backgrounds, and/or have a registered disability. This program exists to aid eligible students in achieving their academic goal of obtaining a baccalaureate degree.
B.O.S.S. Services Include:
- Grant Aid Awards
- Individualized and small-group tutoring
- Personalized academic counseling, advising and goal-setting
Graduate studies information and GRE/GMAT/LSAT prep workshops
- Financial aid and literacy in personal finance
- Career exploration and career coaching
- Cultural activities and graduate school tours
Participants in the B.O.S.S. program have access to:
- A private computer lab
- One-on-one coaching
- Cultural events
- Free printing services
Who Qualifies for Team B.O.S.S.?
- Students whose financial status is considered low income according to federal qualifying income levels.
- First-generation college students, meaning that neither parent holds a four-year University degree.
- Students who have a documented physical or learning disability and are registered with WSSU’s Office of Disability Services.