Supplemental Instruction (SI) is an academic assistance program that uses peer-assisted study sessions to help you achieve your academic goals.
You can find SI sessions for selected math, natural and applied sciences, social science, humanities and education courses.
- You will engage in regularly-scheduled informal review sessions that will help you build your study skills and stay on top of course content.
- You can compare notes, discuss readings, develop organizational tools, and predict test items.
- The sessions are facilitated by SI Leaders who:
- Are currently-enrolled WSSU students who completed the supplemental instruction with a final grade of “B” or better.
- Have strong academic skills and a deep understanding of the supported courses.
- Are selected based upon applications, faculty recommendations, and interviews.
- Attend class lectures, take notes, and meet frequently with the instructor of the SI course in order to prepare for effective and productive SI sessions.
- Please note that face-to-face appointments are limited because of Covid-19. At this time, most SI sessions will occur in Zoom.
- Please use Navigate to schedule your appointment or join organized study sessions.
Follow Us on Social Media
Please use Navigate to schedule your appointment.
- Log into Navigate from MyWSSU or using the app on your phone.
- Enter your WSSU ID and password.
- Select “Schedule an Appointment” or “Schedule a General Event.”
- Choose “Tutoring” as your care unit.
- Choose your desired location. Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, face-to-face tutoring may be limited.
- An online peer or professional tutoring or SI appointment—Zoom
- 1st Floor Student Success Center—Tutoring and Learning Center—Hill Hall
- 3rd Floor Student Success Center—Writing and Communication Center—Hill Hall
- Select the desired “Service” from the dropdown arrow: Subject Tutoring, SI, or Writing and Communication Center
- If you choose Subject Tutoring or SI for your service, enter the course for which you wish to receive help. Those visiting the Writing and Communication Center do not need to choose a course.
- Select the date and time from the available choices that you would like to meet with the tutor/SI. Appointment length defaults 30 minutes. You can change the default in the length box.
- Submit the request. A confirmation email will be sent to your WSSU account and will appear in Navigate. If you made a Zoom appointment, the link will be sent to you in the email.