RN-BSN Online Orientation Survey
Upon completion of the RN-BSN Online Orientation, we would appreciate your feedback regarding the orientation. Please complete the Confidential Survey as soon as possible.
RN-BSN Orientation Presentation (Spring 2017)
New RN-BSN students for spring 2017 are required to complete the online orientation. We recommend that you complete this as soon as possible. You will need your WSSU email address.
Creating your account and your login for the online orientation. Please read these instructions carefully before proceeding to the the orientation login page.
- Select 'Create New Account'
- Member type is 'Student'
- Enter your Banner ID
- Select "RN-BSN" for Student Type
- Enter your WSSU email address as your email email@example.com
- Complete all other fields and click 'Submit'
- You are now ready to start the WSSU Online Orientation.
This document provides a brief overview of the services offered to students in the RN-to-BSN program. Please review this document before completing the modules below.
Technology Issues | 336-750-3431
Navigating the Modules
There are six modules below. When possible, each module contains a video, a transcript of the video, and the slides from the video.
In this module, you will be introduced to the RN-to-BSN program at Winston-Salem State University.
Presentation Slides: RN-to-BSN Student Orientation
Please review the Undergraduate Student Handbook and download a copy for reference as it contains numerous policies you'll want to refer to as you complete your educational goals here at WSSU.RN-to-BSN Contact Information
This section covers what students need to know about technology resources. Additional resources including links to important websites are below.
- Video: Technology Support Services
Duration: 5:25, Added: 10/14/2014
- Transcript: Technology Support Services [LINK TO: transcript-tss-rn-bsn-orientation.pdf]
- Presentation Slides: Technology Support Services [LINK TO: information-technology-services-presentations.pdf]
This section of WSSU's online orientation for students covers what students need to know about the registration process, withdrawal policy, calculating GPAs, changing names, addresses, and social security numbers, and remaining in good academic standing.
- Video: Office of the Registrar
Duration: 8:21, Added: 11/22/2014
- Transcript: Office of the Registrar
- Instructions: How to Register for Class
Email the Office of the Registrar for additional questions.
This module explains how to pay tuition and fees. It covers financial aid and scholarships, student accounts and cashiering.
- Video: Office of Student Accounts - Money Matters
Duration: 4:20, Added: 11/22/2014
- Video: Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid - Financial Aid 101
Duration: 4:20, Added: 11/22/2014
- Financial Aid TV
Email the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for additional questions.
This is the final section of WSSU's online orientation for students. It covers what students need to know about services available to students who have learning and physical disabilities.
- Video: What if I have a disability?
Duration: 6:08, Added: 10/13/2014
- Transcript: What if I have a disability?
- Presentation Slides: What if I have a disability?
- Department of Disability Services
Students with a documented disability must register with the WSSU Disability Services Office each semester to receive consideration for any accommodations in this course. Accommodations are not retroactive. You may reach the Disability Services Office by emailing Myra Waddell.