Skip to main content

After Graduation


  • North American Language and Culture Assistants in Spain: This program provided those with at least an intermediate level of Spanish to work as an English language teaching assistant in Spanish public schools for one or two years. Participants will receive a monthly stipend and health insurance.
  • Teaching Assistant Program in France: An opportunity for recent graduates who are proficient in French to work as an English language teaching assistant in French public schools for 7 months. Participants receive a monthly stipend and health insurance.
  • The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program in Japan: Those who have an interest in Japan might be interested in this program, which allows graduates to work in Japan for 1 to 3 years as an English language teaching assistant in Japanese public schools. Participants receive a generous monthly stipend, Japanese national health insurance, and pre-departure training. Airfare is also covered. No Japanese language ability is required to participate.
  • Fulbright US Student Program – English Teaching Assistants: An opportunity for seniors to apply for an English teaching assistantship abroad. Assistantships are available in a number of countries around the world. Participants will receive a grant that will cover the costs of room, board, and incidental costs. Airfare and health insurance are included. Application must be made prior to graduation.
  • CIEE- Teach Abroad: Paid teaching opportunities to teach in several countries abroad are also available through CIEE.
  • Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
  • Teach Abroad: by
  • University & K-12 Teaching Abroad: by Transitions Abroad

Working Holidays

  • Working Holiday - Australia: Allows Americans (18 to 30 years old) to legally work in Australia for up to one year (no longer than 6 months at any employer, however). This is only a visa – participants must find work on their own, and must pay for their own transportation , housing and daily costs.
  • United States of America Working Holiday Scheme - New Zealand: Like the Australian Working Holiday scheme, this visa allows young Americans (18-30) to work in New Zealand for up to one year. This is primarily a holiday visa that allows the holder to seek and be paid for work. Applicants must show proof of means of support while there ($4750) and must have proof of health insurance.

Volunteer Abroad