Study @ WSSU
Thank you for your interest in studying at Winston-Salem State University!
Our warm, welcoming, and diverse campus community gives you an excellent place to:
- Experience living in a midsize city in the United States
- Study at a highly-ranked historically black university (HBCU)
- Be supported by caring faculty and staff
- Enjoy the exciting and fun campus culture
- Make lifelong friends with other WSSU students
Enrolling at WSSU
- Most international students choose to enroll for the fall semester, which begins in August.
- WSSU will accept students who wish to enroll during the spring semester, which begins in January.
Application Deadlines and Process
The international student application deadlines for Winston-Salem State University are:
- Fall semester: April 15
- Spring semester: September 15
We ask that international applicants apply as early as possible to study at WSSU.
Applying early allows sufficient time to:
- Obtain your official school records
- Have your school records evaluated by a Credential Evaluation Service
- Arrange for the required examinations
- Have your bank send statements of your financial resources
- Get your application reviewed
- Secure your visa materials
- Review the requirements for your major through our Online Catalogs.