Amir A. Henry
Amir A. Henry was born in Queens NY but primarily raised in the Bronx. Deputy Chief Henry began working in the city of Manhattan as an Assistant Engineer. He received his diploma from Christopher Columbus High School and his AA degree from Sullivan County Community College in Loch Sheldrake NY.
Deputy Chief Henry later joined the United States Marine Corps where he deployed to several countries including Afghanistan and earned a Combat Action Ribbon. He served as a North Carolina State Trooper for eight years primarily focused on Criminal Interdiction.
He later earned a BA in Science and Technical Management from DeVry University. Deputy Chief Henry was hired by Winston-Salem State University as Patrol Captain of Police and Public Safety in 2012. He completed the Law Enforcement Executive Program (LEEP) at NC State University and received his certificate from the FBI-Law Enforcement Executive Development Association (FBI LEEDA).
In 2017 he was promoted to the rank of Deputy Chief.
- 1995, Diploma, Christopher Columbus High school
- 2000, Associate of Arts (AA) - Sullivan County Community College
- 2012, Bachelor of Science/Technical Management (BA) - DeVry
- 2017, Law Enforcement Executive Program - North Carolina State University
- 2018, FBI-Law Enforcement Executive Development Association (FBI LEEDA)