Drop and Run is designed to give students and parents the opportunity to ease stress by bringing personal belongings to campus prior to move-in day. Bringing everything early helps to expedite move-in and reduce delay times for elevators.
Drop and Run Dates
- Drop and Run for new first time freshmen and transfer students begins one week prior to the start of Freshmen and Transfer Move-In.
- Drop and Run for continuing students occurs during the week of Ramdition.
- Approved students must meet the criteria described below and must sign up for a time and date.
Drop and Run Policies
- You will have one hour to move your things into your room.
- There will not be time to unpack or arrange your room during early drop off.
- The early drop off is for your belongings
- If you come into town early, you must find an alternate location to stay (hotel/motel or friend/relative off campus) until move-in day.
- Your room will remain locked from the time you complete your early drop off until the official move-in day. WSSU cannot be responsible for items left in rooms before the official university move-in dates.
Students Approved for Drop and Run
- After your eligibility has been verified, you will receive a link to sign up for a one-hour time slot.
- Please bring your photo ID with you to your appointment.
- Only one time slot is allowed per student.
- Slots are assigned on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Due to staff availability, you may only come when scheduled.
- Students who arrive outside of their scheduled time or arrive with another student who is not scheduled WILL NOT BE PERMITTED to participate in the Drop and Run program. There are no exceptions—this opportunity is a privilege and not a right.
Students who meet the above criteria can make an appointment to drop off their belongings in their residence hall room between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m..