COVID-19 Communication sent to Second Floor Residents of Brown Hall
A potential COVID-19 exposure has been identified in Brown Residence Hall. The University is taking precautionary steps to prevent possible further transmission of COVID-19 and will have all students residing on the second floor undergo a COVID-19 test. Student Health Services will be at the residence hall on September 15, 2020, at 9 a.m. to begin testing. You will not be charged or have any financial liability for the test administered by SHS during this time. Please stay in your room, and a medical provider will come to you.
While we strongly encourage you to get tested, you are not required to take the COVID-19 test. This does not impact your ability to remain in the dorm; however, you will be required to complete the mandatory quarantine.
Here is what you can expect:
- All students on the second floor will be required to quarantine. That quarantine will begin immediately and expire at 11:59 on September 22. Quarantine may be extended pending test results.
- Under the guidelines of quarantine, you will not be permitted to leave your room other than to use the restroom facilities. While out of your assigned room, please also adhere to established social distancing guidelines. You are asked to return to your space as soon as possible.
- Your test results are expected in 2-3 days. A negative result does not release you from quarantine.
- All critical services will be delivered to your room. You will receive a meal schedule shortly.
- Laundry services will also be provided.
- You will not be permitted to attend in-person classes.
- It will be your responsibility to contact your instructors to make arrangements for coursework.
- You will be provided a note to give to your instructors that will excuse you from in-person classes.
- You do have the option to return home for your quarantine. Please notify housing staff if you choose to return home for the duration of your quarantine by emailing them at email@example.com
- You will not be allowed to visit those outside of your room (even if they are also on your floor). Likewise, you will not be allowed to have visitors or invite individuals to campus.
Please be mindful that refusal to follow University directives related to health and safety in response to COVID-19 is a violation of the Living on Campus Guide and the WSSU Code of Conduct. You are encouraged to share this information with your parents so that they are aware of these parameters. For questions concerning this information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.