In the Classroom - Employees
Modified Instructional Environments: Per guidance from the UNC System Office, WSSU will return to on-campus in-person instruction with social distancing embedded within the instructional delivery design during the Fall 2020 term. Where possible, WSSU will adopt a hybrid approach to instruction, leveraging a mixture of online technology and in-person classes. When administrators deem that in-person courses cannot be modified for a hybrid instructional delivery, the university will ensure administrators and faculty execute the following safety measures:
- Where possible, administrators will relocate classes to larger locations to achieve physical distancing; these new locations may include sites that are not normally coded as ‘instructional venues’ such as Dillard Auditorium, Eller hall, or the DJR Student Center
- Where feasible, class enrollments will be revised to achieve 50% capacity to allow optimal physical distancing in face-to-face classrooms
- Students and faculty in classrooms will remain at least three feet apart from one another
- Students and faculty in all learning environments—classrooms, lecture halls, laboratories—must wear face coverings unless authorized by the course instructor or individuals have appropriate documentation filed with the Office of Disability Services
- Each academic building will have hand sanitizer stations in multiple locations accessible to faculty, staff, and students. Disinfectant products are also available in each classroom, and faculty and students are encouraged to clean desks, chairs, and other areas at the start and at the conclusion of each class as part of the community expectation of mitigating COVID-19 infection
- A revised Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule and a revised Tuesday-Thursday schedule has been adopted to allow for 20-minute transition times between classes rather than the normal 10- to 15-minutes; these revisions provide sufficient time for students to leave and enter classrooms without creating bottlenecks.