Separation Workflow Process is a digital process that promotes accountability in the university's separation process by encouraging response to pending actions in a timely manner. All full-time employee and permanent part-time separations are processed via the Separation Workflow. Temporary employees, adjuncts and student employees who are separating prior to the end of their contract term are also be subject to the Separation Workflow Process.
As a chair or supervisor, you will be able to enter the employee’s separation information directly into an online workflow form. Once you have entered the requested information and submit, the separation process flow will begin. A communication is sent to the hiring manager detailing each action that has taken place. Consequently, the progression of the action can be traced.
A series of automated communications will notify you, HR, the related departments and offices of the employee’s separation.
Separation Workflow Process Instructions - Chair and Hiring Manager
Frequently Asked Questions
- improved communication between administrative offices
- updates to technology systems access
- updates to campus facilities access (i.e. key possession and electronic access)
- shared governance of separation process actions
- exit interview
- separation clearance
- benefits closeout
- payroll adjustments (e.g. state and federal compliance)
- improves efficiency and effectives
- standardize process
- audit trails
- improved customer service
- The system will not let you backdate an action. The earliest date you will be able to enter
will be for the day you submit the action.
- You will need to have the employee’s Banner number available before you start and you will enter
your Banner number in as the supervisor.
- Although the form is very short and simple if, for any reason, the system stays idle for more than
20 minutes, you will be logged out and will have to start over.
- In the comment field at the bottom of the workflow form, enter the reason for separation and the
last date of work for the employee.
- Please provide additional details in the comments field.
- Human Resources will need all documentation, notes, warnings, etc., connected to the employee’s separation.
- If you have any technical issues or concerns with the workflow please contact IT via RAMTech.
Review your entries and make sure all required fields have been filled out.