#RAMSVOTE is your one-stop-shop for information about voting in the 2020 election. Find out about important dates and deadlines, ways to prepare to vote, your rights as a voter, and the option of voting by absentee ballot if you can’t vote in-person.
The WSSU Anderson Center will be open for in-person voting from October 15 to November 3.
Voting 101: First Steps
The WSSU Anderson Center is an official polling site for in-person voting.
- Confirm your voter registration status.
- Register online to vote for NC residents (October 9 deadline).
- Register to vote out-of-state students.
- If you want to vote by mail rather than in-person, request an NC absentee ballot or a ballot from another state.
- Locate your polling place to vote in-person.
Make Your Plan
You can vote in-person at the WSSU Anderson Center beginning October 15.
Know Your Rights
Make sure you know your rights before heading out to vote in-person at your polling place.
- You do not need to show any form of ID to vote.
- Know your general rights on Election Day.
- What to do if a poll worker says your name is not on the list of registered voters.
- What to do if a person is interfering with your right to vote.
- Have questions? Call the ACLU Nonpartisan Election Protection Hotline at 888-OUR-VOTEto speak with a nonpartisan elections expert.
You do not need a specific reason to request to vote via absentee ballot rather than in-person.
- Review these Vote by Mail FAQs.
- If you’d like to vote by mail rather than in-person request an NC absentee ballot or a ballot from another state.
- Use black ink to complete your ballot. (You cannot use blue ink or pencil)
- Complete your absentee ballot in the presence of one witness and insert the ballot into the return envelope. Have your witness complete and sign the witness certification.
- Track your ballot through the mail. Sign up for BallotTrax a free service where NC voters can track the status of their absentee ballot.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- October 9 - Deadline to register to vote
- October 15 - Early voting begins
- October 27 - Deadline to request an absentee ballot. Request yours as soon as possible!
- October 31 - November 3 - Vote in-person