Services We Offer
The Student Health Center is accredited by AAAHC. The Health Center provides quality primary ambulatory care in a confidential setting. The center provides evaluation, treatment, and management of acute and chronic medical problems, as well as preventive medical care and immunizations. Referrals are granted for services not provided or when the Health Service Providers deem specialist care is required.
Other services include a Self-Care Center for minor health problems, condoms, and a resource library.
- General medical care
- Contraception and counseling
- GYN Services
- Health Education
- HIV/STD testing and counseling
- Immunizations and allergy injections
- RX Services
Our wellness center can also help you improve your well-being and reduce your risk of disease and illness. We also offer on-site lifestyle modification programs, including:
- Weight management: Get the information, tools, support and guidance you need to reduce body weight, improve overall health and create a new, healthy lifestyle.
- Stress management: Identify the warning signs and symptoms of stress, the effects of stress on health, relaxation exercises and techniques to reduce stress.
- Smoking cessation: Help identity triggers for smoking, evaluate your readiness to quit while and take advantage of the best techniques to maximize success.
- Asthma, Diabetes, Hypertension
- Student Health 101
- Smoking Cessation
- Blood Drive
- Skills for Life Series and Relaxation Series - Massage
Peer Health Educators and Student Health Volunteers
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Health Educator or volunteer, stop by Health Services and chat with our friendly staff members.
The A. H. Ray Student Health Center is building No.1 on the University Campus map and is located behind Gleason-Hairston Residence Hall.