CERT | FNP
The post-master’s family nurse practitioner (FNP) certificate program is designed for master prepared registered nurses who are not prepared as nurse practitioners or are prepared as practitioners in one specialty and desire to prepare themselves for FNP specialty. MSN graduates who wish to take the FNP program of study in preparation for sitting for FNP certifications examination may apply for non-degree FNP Certification status. Admission to this option is competitive and is granted for the entire series of clinical required in the program of study except for practicing nurse practitioners.
The FNP Certification Program Prepares Students To:
- Obtain and assess health history and physical exam data;
- Order/interpret appropriate diagnostic tests;
- Identify any potential health problems;
- Formulate with the patient and/or family a comprehensive plan of therapeutic measures that promote, maintain, or restore health.
FNP graduates are eligible to sit for the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) National Family Nurse Practitioner Certification exam.
- FNP will only accept applications into the program for Fall semester.
The master’s degree in nursing at Winston-Salem State University is accredited by:
Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036
Winston-Salem State University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS)
1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033
The faculty at WSSU is top-notch. I had a great experience here.