WSSU Merit Scholarships
New First-Time Freshmen entering Fall 2022:
We invite new freshmen entering for the fall 2022 term to apply for a merit scholarship (known at WSSU as Chancellor and Provost). The requirements to apply are:
- Have a WSSU admission letter.
- Meet the minimum requirements to apply:
- 3.75 or greater GPA
- Top 25% or better of high school class by class rank
- Complete the Merit Scholarship Application including two (2) letters of recommendation (Recommendation Form) and two one-page single-spaced essays that explain the following:
- Why you have chosen WSSU and how you embody our motto, "Enter to Learn. Depart to Serve".
- What does social justice mean to you, and how can you incorporate social justice into your intended major?
Submit your application and all documents no later than December 15, 2021.
*If requested, you will need to participate in an interview with members of the Scholars Advisory Council.
For a listing of external scholarships please visit our external scholarship opportunities page.