UCaLL is Open for Business
Social distancing protocols are in place.
You can stay on track and obtain valuable resources in your virtual space.
Be sure to enroll in the Virtual Hill Hall Student Success Center Canvas Shell.
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Academic Success Counselors (ASCs) can assist you with advising and registration needs. Please contact your ASC via EAB or email to schedule a virtual or face-to-face (if necessary) appointment.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but not encouraged. We are trying to ensure everyone’s health and safety through social distancing measures.
- ASCs are extremely responsive and will touch base with you within one business day. The best way to get the quickest response is to contact them via email. They do not have specific weekend hours, but they do respond to emails on weekends.
For questions or additional information about Advising Services, please contact:
Beverly Ford | firstname.lastname@example.org | 336-750-3218 | Hill Hall 230
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- AEP program staff are available in-person and virtually to assist special populations with achieving their academic goals.
- Extended on-campus and virtual hours, as well as the use of additional spaces throughout the Hill Hall building to encourage social distancing for study hall have been developed to assist students.
- Walk-ins are welcome on a first-come, first-served basis to use AEP study hall services.
- Remember that your hours may be achieved through a variety of ways, including but not limited to: office hours with your instructors, study sessions, tutoring sessions, Supplemental Instruction, and of course, study hall itself. Please contact your ASC to ensure your hours are accounted for accurately.
For questions or additional information about AEP, please contact:
Georgette Crawford-Crooks | email@example.com | 336-750-2316 | Hill Hall 319
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- First-Year Experience Course (FYE) will be taught virtually this semester.
- FYE Coordinator, Ms. Amyia Hardy, firstname.lastname@example.org, is available by appointment throughout the day and in the evenings. Please reach out to her to schedule an appointment.
- All FYE instructors have virtual office hours. Please check your Canvas shell and your syllabus for availability and contact information.
- The Second Year and Transfer Year Experiences (SYE/TYE) offer appointments virtually this semester.
- The SYE/TYE Coordinator, Mr. Ron Harris, email@example.com, and Student Retention and Special Projects Liaison Ms. Michelle Jordan, firstname.lastname@example.org, are available by appointment throughout the day and in the evenings. Please reach out to them to schedule an appointment.
For questions or additional information please contact:
Leslie Winbush | email@example.com | 336-750-2138 | Hill Hall 315
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and virtual evening hours
- Tutoring is available in a variety of formats to support your needs.
- Because of safety and health concerns, there will be limited face-to-face peer tutoring available and appointments are strongly encouraged.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) is available and will be determined in consultation with the instructor with whom the student is paired. Any face-to-face tutoring conducted by SIs will take place in Hill Hall to ensure that the protocols for safe tutoring are followed.
- Virtual appointments with peer tutors and SIs are available Monday through Friday as well as in the evenings and on weekends. Students can make appointments using EAB Navigate. Actual appointments will be conducted via Zoom.
- While traditional walk-ins for Tutoring and SI are not available, students may take available slots in person, in Zoom, or on Upswing with no notice (i.e., if an appointment is open or a tutor is available, students can access it in real time).
- Professional consultants and Writing Faculty will be available and appointments are scheduled through WSSU’s online tutoring platform - UpSwing - which can be accessed 24/7. Consultants in UpSwing can tutor in any topic that is taught at WSSU, or in writing (at any point in the writing process, and for any course).
- In general, requests are answered within one business day. The best way to get the quickest response is via email although communicating via telephone, Zoom, and in-person (if necessary and possible) are also options.
For questions or additional information about Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction, please contact: