Major | Minor | BS
The Physical Education Teacher Education program prepares skilled, effective teachers who have the ability to obtain licensure in North Carolina by completing a program that is grounded in scientific, foundational and pedagogical knowledge.
The Recreation and Youth Development Concentrations (non-teaching options) prepare knowledgeable and skilled practitioners who, upon completion of the program, are able to develop and implement safe and effective physical activity programs for all people in various settings.
The Physical Education major offers teaching and non-teaching concentrations as well as three minors.
- Teacher Education Concentration (teaching)
- Recreation Concentration (non-teaching)
- Youth Development Concentration (non-teaching)
- Coaching Minor
- Recreation Minor
- Sports Medicine Minor
- Athletic Trainer
- Exercise Physiologist
- Sports Agent
- Professional Athlete
- Health Education Concepts and Principles
- Analysis of Teaching Team Sports
- Fitness Concepts and Assessment
- From Ancient Greece to ESPN: Physical Education & Sport History
I love WSSU and the culture. All the people here inspire me to elevate myself.