WSSU's exercise science program can prepare you for a career in fitness, human performance, research, teaching, administrative or business roles. With this degree, you become a knowledgeable practitioner, skilled at developing and implementing safe, effective, and structured physical activity programs for healthy adults.
WSSU exercise science graduates who meet specific admissions requirements are guaranteed early acceptance into WSSU’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program. Ask your academic advisor or department personnel about our early assurance program.
- Strength Coach
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist
- ECG Interpretation Specialist
- Corporate Wellness Director
- Fitness Trainer
- Sports Medicine Assistant
- Athletic Trainer
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- Functional Anatomy
- Sports Nutrition
- Science of Resistance Training
- Sport Psychology
I worked side-by-side with faculty to complete an honors thesis about the effects of music on exercise heart rate recovery. This real-world experience prepared me to enter the highly-competitive Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program at WSSU.