The exercise science degree program is designed to help you become a knowledgeable and skilled practitioner who is able to develop and implement safe, effective, and structured physical activity programs for healthy adults who are prepared to successfully pursue graduate studies in exercise science and allied health.
Our program can prepare you for careers in fitness, human performance, research, teaching, administrative or business roles. It is also a feeder program for our graduate physical therapy and occupational therapy degrees.
- Strength Coach
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist
- ECG Interpretation Specialist
- Corporate Wellness Director
- Fitness Trainer
- Sports Medicine Assistant
- Athletic Trainer
- Occupational Therapy Aide
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- Functional Anatomy
- Sports Nutrition
- Science of Resistance Training
- Sport Psychology
I worked side-by-side with faculty to complete an honors thesis about the effects of music on exercise heart rate recovery. This real-world experience prepared me to enter the highly-competitive Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program at WSSU.