Group X Guidelines
To help ensure your safe use and enjoyment of our facility and programs, we provide the following list of guidelines for everyone to follow. Please contact our staff if you have any questions.
- Please allow the previous class to exit before entering the classroom.
- Please be on time. Due to the importance of a sufficient warm-up, late participants may be denied entry to class at the instructor's discretion.
- Participants are encouraged to stay for the entire group exercise class to ensure the proper cool-down.
- All classes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Fresh workout clothes are strongly recommended. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Athletic shoes must be worn at all times unless recommended otherwise by instructors for classes such as yoga. Heels, boots and street shoes are not permitted in the group fitness rooms.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes or strong-smelling deodorants; instead follow a good hygiene regimen to prevent embarrassing situations.
- Water bottles with lids are encouraged in the GroupX suites. Food, gum and other drinks are prohibited.
- Please leave your cell phone in your locker or turn off the ringer during class.
- Your gym bags/personal belongings should be placed in a locker or cubbies.
- UREC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All group fitness equipment must stay in the group fitness rooms. Please make every effort to keep the equipment room neat and organized for the next class.
- GroupX schedules are subject to change. Please check on the window of the weight room office for any updates to class times.
- Classes will be taught only to groups of three or more.