Group X Schedule
Welcome to GroupX at WSSU! Motivating instructors design classes that are fun, energizing and challenging. All classes are mixed levels. Online class registration is available for our classes with limited space. Sneakers and athletic wear are required. Water and towels permitted.
- GroupX Printable Schedule
- New! Latin Dance – Add some spice to your workout! There is no better place to learn the Bachata, Merengue and Salsa than at UREC! Learn the basics or enhance your style while burning calories and having a great time.
- Glute Class – Need some rear definition? This booty bonus helps firm and strengthen your lower half, focusing on asset development. Bump up the burn!
- The Ab Class – There is more to working your abs than basic crunches. This class is a blistering 30 minute non-stop abdominal workout from the American fitness culture. Blast your Abs with the Personal Trainers in University Recreation.
- The African Dance Class – Engage fitness through the African Dance class and cultural experience as the movements influence your body to sculpt the core, arms, legs, glutes and back while enjoying the rhythm of the African Drums.
- YOGA – Strengthen your body, improve your flexibility and balance while focusing your mind and relieving stress. Our exercised based yoga classes fuse the ancient India roots with current fitness knowledge to bring the benefits of both to your body.
- ZUMBA – The hottest class around is a fusion of Latin, Hip-Hop, Reggaeton and other international music-dance themes creating a dynamic, exciting effective fitness system! The routines feature aerobic/fitness intervals training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body. Zumba utilizes the principles of fitness interval training and resistance training to maximize caloric output, and burn fat for total body toning.
- Hip Hop Dance – References a street style of dancing predominately performed to hip-hop music that advanced in popularity with the hip hop culture. This American dance style was created in the 1970’s inclusive of dance style such as popping, breaking and locking. Come Hip Hop Dance with us in URec for the fun of it!
- Hip Hop Cycle – DAY PARTY with us in URec on two wheels in the Hip Hop Cycling class. Cycle in rhythm to the beat of the Hip Hop sounds in this high energy cycling class while getting a total lower body workout. Please review Cycle Class Reservation Policy before registering for class. Online registration is taken the day of class from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The Outdoor Cycling Class – Get fit as you enjoy the sun & speed while riding through the scenic and beautiful Winston-Salem Greenway’s and Salem Connectors in the Outdoor Cycling class. Burn calories while sculpting a strong core and developing the legs and glutes all with minimal joint impact. Spin out with us as we explore the greater outdoors on two wheels. Riders should meet at the URec Equipment Desk on the first floor.
- RamFit – is a series of fitness exercises and activities performed at an increased pace to maximize the participants energy output and endurance levels. Challenge yourself and join us in URec for your RamFit experience. Groups and Organization encouraged.
- The Retro Cycle Class – Cycling in the traditional way. Engage in the traditional old school cycling experience with a slow and steady pace as the instructor leisurely takes you on a journey that is sure to make you sweat as you jam to the beat of the old school music. Come travel with URec down memory lane as you sweat to the oldies.