The Enterprise Projects & Services (EPS) unit is a centralized entity under the Office of Information Security, Compliance, & Services (ISeCS) within the Office of Information Technology (OIT). The EPS unit responsibilities include providing leadership in project portfolio management; project management training and development; developing and coordinating performance metrics, measurement dashboards, and assessment structure; and ensuring quality assurance and compliance with the following entities: Winston-Salem State University’s 2016-21 Strategic Plan, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO-27000), the Project Management Institute (PMI), and Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance, Inc.
The EPS unit will ensure execution of the University’s strategic objectives by:
- providing portfolio management leadership and governance structure for all projects;
- facilitating and monitoring project management documentation and benchmarks;
- providing timely support of information technology resources to University;
- providing consultation, mentoring, planning, and training support for all projects;
- providing structure for performance measurement dashboards and assessments;
- ensuring a systematic approach for quality assurance and compliance standards.
To provide support to our University’s strategic plan, the EPS unit will:
Develop and Maintain Standards
- Develop and maintain a standard set of project management protocols;
- Establish and maintain portfolio and project governance policies
- Establish and maintain portfolio and project assessments, metrics, and dashboards
- Develop and maintain quality assurance and compliance guidelines and standards
Provide Products and Services
- Provide portfolio and project management protocols, processes, and tools
- Provide project management training and development support
- Provide a communication and tracking structure for portfolio management
- Provide a central tool for managing process improvements across the University.
- Provide portfolio and project management training to OIT’s leadership and staff
- Coach and mentor project managers and teams on tools, processes and methodology
- Provide a project management leadership and development programming
- Keep abreast on the leadership practices in the field of project management and compliance
The Enterprise Projects & Services unit will adhere to the values defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Code of Ethics and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).