Faculty and Staff Programs
WSSU faculty play key roles in internationalizing the curriculum.
In the classroom
- Developing courses with global and international content.
- Establishing and maintaining educational experiences abroad.
- Encouraging students to study abroad.
- Advising students about application processes and orientation activities.
In curricular and co-curricular activities
- Arranging guest lectures to come to campus.
- Serving as a guest lecturer at other campuses.
- Creating opportunities for international students to make presentations.
- Collaborating with other campus units to organize international educational and cultural activities.
- Developing research or exchange collaborations with faculty in institutions abroad.
- Participating in international research and professional development activities.
- Leading trips abroad for students.
- Interested in developing research or exchange collaborations with faculty in institutions abroad? Please consult with the Director of international Programs.
- Interested in participating in a faculty-led study abroad program? Please develop a proposal following the guidelines.
Faculty Development Programs
- CIEE offers one or two week international faculty development seminars in several countries on a variety of issues shaping the world today.
- Participation in a seminar is an excellent way to incorporate a global dimension into teaching, research, and advising.
- Faculty members have the opportunity to examine your own professional goals and discipline within an international context, learn about scholarly communities overseas, exchange ideas with international colleagues and fellow participants, hear lectures by local faculty and experts, and visit educational, cultural, and historic sites and institutions.
- The seminars are interdisciplinary in scope, and can be connected to specific academic interests in any field.
- Participants return to campus poised to incorporate an international dimension into administration, course design, research, and teaching.
- WSSU supports the participation of its faculty in CIEE seminars.
- Call for applications is sent in the fall semester for seminars in the following summer.
Opportunities to develop international teaching, research and exchange programs.
International Education Organizations
- NAFSA Association of International Educators
- Institute of International Education
- Forum on Education Abroad
- Association of International Education Administrators