The world is becoming increasingly interdependent. Studying abroad during your time at WSSU can provide multiple benefits for you.
Studying abroad can help you:
- Expand your horizons in life-changing ways
- Enhance your academic and personal development
- Gain insight into new cultures
- Hone your foreign language skills
- Embrace a global perspective on the world
- Increase your chances of landing a lucrative job
- Gain acceptance to graduate and professional programs
Steps in the Study Abroad Process
Study abroad applications and related deadlines vary by program, and some are quite early. Plan to apply as far in advance as possible for the semester you wish to study abroad.
- Find the program that is right for you.
- Get assistance with your application process.
- Make sure that you complete the correct application materials.
- Obtain official approvals to ensure appropriate course transfers upon your return.
- Discuss your study abroad plans.
- Gain preliminary approval for the course(s) you wish to take abroad.
- Please include your parent(s) and family in the decision-making process if possible.
- All students who wish to study abroad need to file a FAFSA with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Most loans, grants, and scholarships may be used for study abroad.
- As a part of your WSSU Study Abroad Application, you will be given a budget sheet to complete and discuss with your Financial Aid counselor.
- It is also wise to begin saving additional funds for personal travel and purchases while you are abroad.