North Carolina's Reverse Transfer Program is a state initiative in which students are rewarded for credit they have already earned or will earn at the four year university. The program is designed to award an associate degree to students who previously attended a North Carolina Community College and fulfilled the associate degree requirements while working towards a bachelor’s degree at a North Carolina university.
Reverse Transfer Procedure
- Log into Banner Rams Online and click on student tab
- You will receive a Pop-Up requesting participation
- You can ignore the “pop up” twice. The third time it appears, you will have to make a selection in order to access “student information.”
- By virtue of “opt in”, you sign an agreement stating that you will follow Winston-Salem State University’s curriculum towards the baccalaureate degree and that you understand that academic advisors and/or the Office of the Registrar cannot provide advising for community college coursework.
- Once you “opt in” no further action from you is required.
If you are awarded the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree through the Reverse Transfer program, WSSU will honor the degree to meet our General Education requirements. Your advisor can only advise you on WSSU’s degree requirements. It is your responsibility to understand your community college requirements for completing an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree.
Please see the official Reverse Transfer Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for eligibility and answers to all questions.