Counseling Wellness Center
RAM STRONG = Mind, Body, and Spirit
The members of Counseling Services are here to support students who are experiencing stress, discomfort or dissatisfaction in their personal lives. Counseling services are confidential and available at no cost to all currently enrolled Winston-Salem State University students. If you are an enrolled student and would like to receive services you can call Counseling Services at (336)-750-3270.
- A YANA Champion is not a counselor, but a faculty or staff member that can chat about such topics as difficult classes, roommate challenges and moving away from home adjustments, non-crisis personal issues and concerns.
- YANA Champions meet with students virtually through Sip & Chat Sessions or at the WSSU Walking Path through the Walk and Talk Session. Each experience is 60 minutes and free of charge.
Counseling Services Hours & Location
- Monday : 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday : 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday : 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Evening/Weekend appointments upon request.
For general questions or crisis counseling after normal hours of operation, calls are forwarded directly to ProtoCall Counselor-On-Call please call (336)-750-3270 to speak with a counselor.
Students experiencing life threatening or medical emergencies should contact Police and Public Safety at 336-750-2911 and additionally alert their Residence Hall RA.
Note: Student Health is closed during University observed Holidays.