Admissions and Criteria Process
Deadline for Application Submission - January 15th
OTCAS application process for WSSU opens September 1st
The Winston-Salem State University Department of Occupational Therapy requires a 3-step application. Please review the admissions criteria prior to applying.
1. Application for admission must be completed through OTCAS. WSSU application process opens September 1st of each year. A minimum 3.0 on Analytical Writing for the GRE to be considered.
OTCAS is the Centralized Application Service for Occupational Therapy. All parts of the application and documents must be completed and verified by OTCAS prior in order to be reviewed by the OT Department Admissions Committee.
- Verification may take several weeks, therefore early application submission is encouraged at least 4 weeks prior to the deadline.
- Official transcripts MUST be sent to OTCAS at the address below. OTCAS does NOT forward your transcripts to the University. If you are accepted, you will need to forward copies of all official transcripts to WSSU.
- Recommendation forms should be sent electronically through OTCAS.
OTCAS Address Information
OTCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9120
Watertown, MA 02471
OTCAS Customer Service Information
2. Each applicant must answer the additional WSSU questions (within OTCAS for WSSU applicants) and the additional WSSU essay.
Please send in the $50.00 WSSU application fee postmarked by December 15th (recommended) to allow for processing by WSSU admissions prior to the hard deadline. It can be a personal check (not a starter check), certified check or money order made payable to WSSU Admissions/Occupational Therapy and sent to: