On behalf of the Winston-Salem State University Staff Senate Executive Board and the WSSU family, we welcome you to Ram Country! We encourage you to take an active role in the organization.
The mission of the organization is to provide an opportunity for all staff members at Winston-Salem State University to have an interactive role in defining and maintaining a workplace that encourages input from all staff in creating a harmonious environment in which to work, while collaboratively supporting the university's quest to provide a "premiere education" for its students.
The Staff Senate seeks to enhance the visibility of the organization and make it a vital and recognized organization for its SHRA and EHRA non-faculty members. With this purpose, we seek to:
- Stimulate a positive and supportive esprit de corps among staff;
- Establish a forum whereby staff can engage in interactive dialogue with the Chancellor and/or chief administrators of the university to exchange ideas, express views and make inquiries and/or suggestions for the improvement of working relations and environment at Winston-Salem State University;
- Keep staff abreast of issues that impact their respective jobs and workplace;
- Develop a network of diverse and talented employees organized to establish and support activities that foster professional growth and development as well as recognize the interests, contributions and potential of all staff employees; and
- Assist in the development and implementation of a variety of perpetual on-the-job training opportunities designed to enhance the skills and techniques of staff dedicated to directly influencing the long-term health and vibrancy of our community.
Employee of the Month
"Ms. Angie demonstrates outstanding customer service, flexibility, and personal attention while developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external members of WSSU and the Athletic Department. We cannot function without her partnership. This month, her contribution has not gone unnoticed. Even though she has been challenged with family crises and impossible deadlines, she never falls short."