Welcome to the Ramily!
Congratulations on your acceptance, and welcome to the Ram Family (Ramily). Here is the info you need to enroll. Please complete all of the steps listed below.
Visit Rams at Home Central
Your one-stop resource for finalizing your fall 2020 enrollment.
Log on to your RAMAdmissions portal account to accept your admissions offer.
You must complete this step in order to:
- Access your WSSU email address (WSSU creates your email address and posts it to Banner Rams Online) - follow the instructions below to logon to Banner Rams Online):
- Click Enter Secure Area
- Your User ID is your Banner ID (printed on your acceptance letter)
- Your PIN is set to your date of birth in mmddyy format - you will need to change your PIN the first time you log in
- Receive instructions for creating your Network ID and password (see 'Create Your Network Login' in the Admitted Students Checklist)
You must create your network login before you can continue through the following enrollment steps:
- Apply for housing and pay $135 housing application fee
- Register for RAMDITION and pay $165 RAMDITION fee
- Register with MEDPROCTOR and submit your immunization records
- Waive coverage or enroll in the student health insurance plan (Student Blue)
|1||Check the email account you entered on your Admissions application for two emails from the Office of Information Technology (OIT). The first email will include your
The second email will include your temporary password (case sensitive)
|2||Follow the instructions provided in the first email - use your RAM ID and Temporary Password to create your network login.|
|3||Remember your login credentials and keep them secure.|
|NOTE:||If you do not receive the two emails described in Step 1, please contact Technology Support Services at 336-750-3431.|
WSSU student email is an official method for all university communications. It is often the primary source of communication for our students.
Accessing Office 365
To access WSSU’s student e-mail system, navigate to the Microsoft Outlook Web App and login with your RAM ID and your network password.
- Click on the Email icon under Current Students
- Sign-on with your WSSU email address and network password
The WSSU enrollment fee is $300 and covers your:
- Housing application fee of $135
- RAMDITION New Student Orientation fee of $165
ALL New First-Time Freshmen and Transfer Students who will be living on-campus are required to attend RAMDITION and pay the $300 enrollment fee.
New Transfer Students are not required to live on campus but we encourage you to apply for housing. Please see the directions for your student type below:
WSSU requires that all new freshmen live on campus for both their freshman and sophomore years. New First Time Freshmen who meet certain criteria may apply for an exemption to the requirement. Once you’re notified that your exemption is approved you will be provided a link to register for RAMDITION. If your exemption is denied, you will need to complete the on-campus housing application and pay the $300 enrollment fee.
Transfer Students are not required to live on campus. Students who will be living off-campus are not required to attend RAMDITION, but are encouraged to do so.
All Transfer Students that decide to reside on campus are required to attend RAMDITION. There are limited spaces reserved for Transfer Students during the fall semester in Foundation Heights and Gleason Hairston Terraces. Transfer Students that enter the university in the spring are assigned to any available beds throughout the residential communities.
Financial Aid is a great opportunity to help you pay your student bill! We encourage all students to apply for Financial Aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Financial aid awards are made after the FAFSA has been received by WSSU and reviewed for accuracy and completeness. The award process may take between four to six weeks to complete based on your specific situation. The WSSU FAFSA code is 002986.
You may be selected for verification, a process that confirms the accuracy of the information you provided on the FAFSA. Selection for verification is determined by the U.S. Department of Education. Please review the verification information included in the Resource section of the Financial Aid website.
Take advantage of the WSSU FATV videos - great resource for all of your questions!
Become Immunization Compliant
New students at WSSU are required to meet the North Carolina Immunization Requirements. You will complete this process through MEDPROCTOR.
START THE MEDPROCTOR PROCESS
Submit Final Transcripts (graduating high school seniors only):
- In-State Students: Submit your final high school transcript electronically via your high school or mail your final high school transcript (sealed).
- Out-of-State Student: Mail your final high school transcript (sealed).
WSSU Admissions Office
Anderson Center Suite 137
601 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
FIVE THINGS you need to know about Student Blue Health Insurance
- Students must have health insurance
- Students are automatically charged for Student Blue
- Students must enroll in or waive Student Blue coverage
- Students can access the Student Blue website beginning May 1, 2020
- Student must complete the Student Blue process no later than September 9, 2020
Waive requirements: You must provide proof of other health insurance coverage to waive coverage through Student Blue. Other health insurance includes coverage under a parent/guardian health insurance plan, coverage under your personal plan, or Medicaid. Student athletes may not waive the health insurance.
Enroll requirements: If you do not meet the waiver requirements, you must enroll in Student Blue Health Insurance
For fall 2019 the health insurance premium was $1,313.50. The cost automatically appears on your student bill. If you complete the waiver process, and your waiver is approved, the cost will be removed from your student bill.
Student bills for fall 2020 are available in early July. You will be notified when bills are released.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PAYING YOUR BILL
Being RAM READY by July 31 is your ticket to a stress-free successful enrollment at WSSU. You will need to complete these 4 important steps before you can move into a residence hall and attend classes:
- Pay your student bill in full or sign-up for a RAMPay Payment Plan
- Apply for Housing and Pay $300 Enrollment Fee (includes housing application fee and RAMDITION fee)
- Be immunization compliant
- Submit final transcripts
You can use this information to understand how you login and access the WSSU Enrollment Process technologies. Review Banner ID and Ram ID in the previous step.
Banner Rams – Self Service
View Financial Aid Award
Accept Financial Aid Award
Register for Classes
View Student Bill and Balance Due
Request Book/Parking Voucher
WSSU Email Account
WSSU Email Address
Apply for Housing
Register for Ramdition
WSSU Email Address
Student Health Insurance
Meet some Rams and learn about your new home.