Applicants must meet the admission requirements for WSSU and the RN-BSN program.
WSSU Admission Requirements
- Have at least 24 transferable credit hours with cumulative 2.0 GPA AND
- Are eligible to return to the last institution you attended
- Obtained an Associate of Arts or Science degree from a regionally accredited two-year institution.
- Earned a Transfer Core Diploma or Transfer Readiness Diploma from a North Carolina Community College.
RN-BSN Admission Requirements
- Unrestricted and active NC RN license
- Completion of prerequisite courses:
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II (6 credits)
- Successful completion of NCLEX
- A minimum of 51 hours of transferable credit in courses that are considered outside the nursing major
|Spring (January) Admission||Summer I (May) Admission||Fall (August) Admission|
Submit application and all supporting documents by November 10
Submit application and all supporting documents by April 10
Submit application and all supporting documents by July 10
- Select Transfer as your Entrance Status
- Select Nursing ADN-BSN as your Major
- Check Distance Learning as your Student Type
- Enter Nursing as your Major
- Check RN-BSN as your Distance Learning Program
A paper application is required for students seeking readmission to WSSU.
All documents must be submitted to:
Anderson Center Suite 137
601 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
Transcript Rules and Tips
- Indicate all schools for which college credit was earned, or is currently being earned regardless of the year(s) you attended or your major at the prior institution. Failure to list every school will result in delays in processing the application. No decision will be made until all transcripts are received. Any discrepancy between the colleges you listed and the transcripts that come in will cause delays in processing.
- When you apply, list every last name you have used that may appear on a transcript. It can be extremely difficult to match transcripts to applicants when names do not match, causing delays in processing your application.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the WSSU Office of Admissions (not Office of the Registrar) from every school attended. Your application will remain incomplete until all transcripts and other required documents are received by the Admissions Office.
- If you are currently enrolled in a college or university, you must send a copy of the current course registration information and/or an unofficial transcript from the current institution so that the courses can be considered as part of the application. The document(s) should be mailed or emailed (as a pdf) to the WSSU Office of Admissions. Please include a note that explains the information.
Any acceptance decision is considered ‘Conditional' when registration information and/or unofficial transcripts for courses in which you are currently enrolled is used in the decision-making process. An acceptance decision is subject to reversal if the final, official transcript does not show satisfactory completion of the coursework or is not be submitted before the start of classes.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Winston-Salem State University is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education | One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036 | 202-887-6791
Winston-Salem State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS) | 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033 | 404-679-4500