According to the Department of Education and the Federal Work-Study Program, there must be a written job description on file for each work-study position. Please be clear and specific when writing your job description(s), as they must accurately reflect the tasks and nature of the work your student employee(s) will complete.
Position Classification Title: Library Assistant
Duties assigned will generally be of a routine nature in the following areas; Bibliography, Circulation, Acquisitions, Systems, Microfilm, Clerk, Desk Attendant, Monitor, Proctor, Shelver, Shelf reader, Typist. Performs related tasks as assigned.
Student Learning Outcomes:
As a result of development opportunities, training and work experience, student employees will be able to:
- Lend and collect books, periodicals, videotapes, and other materials at circulation desks
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas shelves, files, or other designated storage areas
- Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, Braille volumes, and pictures
- Answer routine inquiries, and refer patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians
- Perform clerical activities such as filing, typing, word processing, photocopying and mailing out material, and mail sorting
|Position Classification #||FWS Pay Rate||Classification Summary|
|LBA 1||$8.00/hour||No experience|
|LBA 2||$9.00/hour||Some experience|
|LBA 3||$10.00/hour||Vast experience and/or specialized skills/training|