According to the Department of Education and the Federal Work-Study Program, there must be a written job description on file for each work-study position. Please be clear and specific when writing your job description(s), as they must accurately reflect the tasks and nature of the work your student employee(s) will complete.
Position Classification Title: Lifeguard
Responsible for supervision and safety at pools. Enforce rules and policies of swimming pool area and conduct some general maintenance. CPR certification required. Performs related tasks as assigned.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of development opportunities, training and work experience, student employees will be able to:
- Patrol or monitor recreational areas such as trails, slopes, and swimming areas, on foot, in vehicles, or from towers
- Examine injured persons and administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and medical supplies and equipment
- Inspect recreational facilities for cleanliness
- Exhibit their understanding of ensuring a safe work environment
- Further clarify their academic focus and career goals
|Position Classification #||FWS Pay Rate||Classification Summary|
|LFG 1||$8.00/hour||No experience|
|LFG 2||$9.00/hour||Some experience|
|LFG 3||$10.00/hour||Vast experience and/or specialized skills/training|