According to the Department of Education and the Federal Work-Study Program, there must be a written job description on file for each work-study position. Please be clear and specific when writing your job description(s), as they must accurately reflect the tasks and nature of the work your student employee(s) will complete.
Position Classification Title: Program Assistant
May function in a variety of settings. Assists in creation, implementation and evaluation of any current and future programs. May assist in the recruitment, supervision, and training of volunteers. Completes required clerical and administrative duties that may include; lesson plans, needs assessment, progress notes, etc. Attendance at scheduled meetings, trainings and workshops may be required. Good writing and communications skills, the ability to work with minimum supervision, and reasonable creativity may be are needed. Performs related tasks as assigned.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of development opportunities, training and work experience, student employees will be able to:
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Develop cognitive and interpersonal skills that are measurable and transferable
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
|Position Classification #||FWS Pay Rate||Classification Summary|
|PRA 1||$8.00//hour||No experience|
|PRA 2||$9.00/hour||Some experience|
|PRA 3||$10.00/hour||Vast experience and/or specialized skills/training|