According to the Department of Education and the Federal Work-Study Program, there must be a written job description on file for each work-study position. Please be clear and specific when writing your job description(s), as they must accurately reflect the tasks and nature of the work your student employee(s) will complete.
Position Classification Title: Teaching/Research Assistant
Assist faculty and staff with teaching and research loads. May proctor and grade tests, keep records, arrange equipment, and distribute materials for instructional and departmental purposes. May also lead small group discussions, plan and facilitate workshops and other educational activities. May conduct research, check bibliographic information, proofreading, and indexing. Performs related tasks as assigned.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of development opportunities, training and work experience, student employees will be able to:
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
- Develop practical competence through obtaining experience relating to their degree
- Gain practical work experience related to one's major
- Constructively receive and apply professional feedback
|Position Classification #||FWS Pay Rate||Classification Summary|
|TRA 1||$8.00//hour||No experience|
|TRA 2||$9.00/hour||Some experience|
|TRA 3||$10.00/hour||Vast experience and/or specialized skills/training|