According to the Department of Education and the Federal Work-Study Program, there must be a written job description on file for each work-study position. Please be clear and specific when writing your job description(s), as they must accurately reflect the tasks and nature of the work your student employee(s) will complete.
Position Classification Title: Math Tutor
Assists elementary through 8th grade students in learning mathematics. Must relate well to children. Course work and/or experience in tutoring mathematics helpful. Performs related tasks as assigned.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of development opportunities, training and work experience, student employees will be able to:
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers
- Observe students' performance, and record relevant data to assess progress
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts
- Apply classroom knowledge to actual work situations
- Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
|Position Classification #||FWS Pay Rate||Classification Summary|
|MAT 1||$8.00/hour||No experience|
|MAT 2||$9.00/hour||Some experience|
|MAT 3||$10.00/hour||Vast experience and/or specialized skills/training|