Healthcare management is a growing, diverse field of study that offers flexibility and potential for advancement with additional experience and further education. This field offers opportunities for graduates to have a positive influence on the healthcare of individuals and communities.
A Mind For Business. A Heart For Healthcare. A Degree For Both.
The Healthcare Management program produces graduates who are prepared to serve in a range of existing and emerging entry-level support, ancillary, and administrative positions across multiple health care settings.
Programs of Study
Designed to meet the needs of diverse students and working professionals from mid-level careerists to executives within the healthcare administration field, the program offers a contemporary and flexible curriculum, taught by qualified, student-centered faculty. With an emphasis on enhancement of leadership competencies and problem-solving skills, students engage in professional development, case study analysis, and interprofessional collaborations. Serving the North Carolina Piedmont Region and beyond, the program strives to increase the participation of underrepresented populations in the executive healthcare management field.
The MHA program is committed to being the premier, dynamic, graduate program focused on learning, service, and inclusively, where students from underrepresented populations and diverse backgrounds fulfill their potential as leaders in healthcare management.
The program supports the University's mission to contribute to "the social, cultural, intellectual and economic development of the Piedmont Region and beyond" and to "provide high quality academic and curricular experiences' that will position graduates to earn employment in the region's growing health care industry.
The mission of the Department of Healthcare Management is to prepare highly qualified and culturally competent leaders in healthcare and health-related professions.
The vision is to become a premier and world-class academic program for the education and preparation of professionals in healthcare management.
The Winston-Salem State University Healthcare Management program values ...
- Commitment to a challenging, rigorous education that requires the pursuit of excellence through coursework and life-long learning.
- Professional, Ethical and Legal Behavior requiring unequaled actions to do what is morally right and to abide by national and international laws.
- Cultural Competence and Health Equity that provides services unconditionally and equally to all populations, modifying practices to improve human conditions.
- External Review from professional colleagues, including preceptors and adjuncts and professional organizations for program improvement.
- Experiential Opportunities requiring real-life, technical, and simulated experiences to provide professional and practical opportunities for integrative learning.
The program's motto is a “Mind for Business. A Heart for Healthcare, and a Degree for Both.”
Associations and Resources
The baccalaureate degree in healthcare management at Winston-Salem State University is certified by the Association of University Program in Health Administration, 1730 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Suite 810, Washington, DC 20036, 202-763-7383.