To become a nationally-recognized Center of Excellence for promoting healthy equity in health care delivery and treatment through quality community-engaged research, dissemination of findings, and student education.
Mission of the CEEHD
To promote equity and social justice in health care delivery, treatment, and outcomes by leading collaborative efforts to generate and disseminate evidence-based, policy-relevant solutions, and to educate future leaders who deliberately consider and incorporate equity and social justice in professional practice.
- Establish the CEEHD as a nationally recognized Center of Excellence in health disparities focused on equity and social justice in health care delivery, treatment, and outcomes.
- Increase the role of the CEEHD in promoting research and scholarship by leading research projects in this area.
- Increase the role of the CEEHD in promoting research and scholarship by supporting faculty and student research at WSSU.
- Identify opportunities to directly engage in the local and regional community to educate on and address health disparities.
- Secure diverse sources of funding support for the CEEHD and gradually reduce its dependence on internal support from WSSU.
- Support WSSU’s overall strategic plan objectives to infuse equity into the curriculum.